Curricular activities are an integral part of the overall instructional programme of AWS. In the organisation of these activities or programmes there lies active involvement of the teaching staff of the school. Meticulous planning is undertaken for instruction in different subjects such as classroom experiments, scientific observations, discussions, debates, virtual tours, formative assessments and evaluations, remedial programmes etc.
- The skill of reading is mandatory for a student to improve communication skills. The school ensures that the reading skills of the students are enhanced through the ‘Drop Everything and Read’ time scheduled every Thursday during the last period. The whole school community stops every other activity and reads any material of their choice during this time. BIG WRITE is a graded, age-specific creative writing programme conducted once weekly for classes I-XII.
- For enriching knowledge, understanding and experience of both teachers and students panel discussions, quizzards and debates are organised in the classroom situation. This, in turn, facilitates scope for an interplay of expressions on the topics under discussion.
- The teachers give value-based speeches on various topics and morals in the morning assembly as a part of value education of students. This is apart from special assemblies on observances and celebration of days of national or international importance.
- The Examination Cell of the school ensures that the various exams are conducted periodically. Besides quizzes, slip tests, monthly assessments, periodic tests and other means of innovative assessments are done for the students.
- The school takes special care to provide essential help for students with different academic abilities and gives additional resources and training throughout the year to enable these students to come to the mainstream in academics. The school has a special educator as well as counselor to meet with the special educational needs and emotional requirements of the students. The School Pedagogical Plan Committee along with various sub-committees spearhead the curricular activities at ASW.